Monday, January 31

10.10 Is as good as it sounds! Part 2.


Now, if you've been paying attention to my recent posts you'll see that I'm a wee bit of a techie and am trying to review Maverick Meerkat. Well I've been using Ubuntu 10.10 for a little over 24 hours now and I must say, you can really see the speed difference! I am able to do practically everything I could in 10.04 but within half the time! The whole OS just seems smoother and well rounded. One of the big pluses for me in using 10.10, as a music lover, is the integration of Rythmbox into the audio button on the desktop! It's so wonderful to be able to just click and play your music with literally 2 mouse clicks! I recommend you all check that out.

Anyway, as I've just mainly been using my little Acer Aspire One for the past couple of months, I have been without a desktop computer. That is no longer the case! My younger brother (of whom will remain nameless until he starts his own blog) has given me his desktop. Some part of me thinks he doesn't quite realize that it contains over 2 TB of storage space, but I'm sure I'll be putting it to much greater use than he.

What else is new in life? Well, as my Dad has gone back to work for about 10 days, I have the house to myself. I know I know, not many 17-years-olds have the mentality to live alone, let alone in a 3 bed-roomed house, but I believe, well hope, that I'm coping just fine. That should lessen worries from my family.

Having left school I've noticed a dramatic change in my behaviour. Before, going outside to do things would've been a traumatic experience for the little geeky boy that I'm most commonly viewed as, but since leaving school I've been caring less about how I look to others and have been focusing on being me. I've started wearing Tai Fishermen's Trousers (which are amazingly comfortable fyi) and singlets. This has made me very VERY sunburnt but I'm definitely been getting much more tan, which is a plus I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment